LG Announces the Watch Urbane 2nd Edition with LTE
Tis the season for smartwatches and last night LG gave us an early look at their latest offering, the LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition.
The LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition comes with a lot of nice features but it’s big selling point is that it is the first Android Wear watch to come with LTE.
LG was focused on keeping the device as slim as possible and was able to keep it pretty slim by taking the band and packing the cellular radios in its base. This does mean that the watch bands aren’t swappable but it ensures the device stays as thin as possible.
The Watch Urbane 2nd Edition comes with a 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 processor, 768MB of LPDDR3 memory and 4GB of internal storage.
Pricing and release dates have not been announced but LG did indicate that the Watch Urbane 2nd Edition would go out to the US and Korea first and then to other markets.
I’m not a fan of the rubber bands but I think the watch itself looks pretty good. I’m still hoping for the ASUS Zenwatch 2 as my next toy but I don’t think I’d be disappointed if I got the LG Watch Urbane 2nd Edition instead.
Check out LG’s official product video and the full specs below!
- Processor: 1.2GHz Qualcomm® SnapdragonTM 400
- Storage: 4GB
- Memory: 768MB LPDDR3
- Battery: 570mAh
- Network: Bluetooth 4.1/Wi-Fi/LTE/3G
- Sensors: Accelerometer/Gyro/Heart Rate Monitor/Compass/Barometer/PPG/GPS
- Display: 480 x 480 resolution, 1.38-inch P-OLED Display (348ppi)
- Size: 44.5 x 14.2mm
- Color: Space Black / Opal Blue / Luxe White / Signature Brown
- Other: Dust and Water Resistance (IP67)