Today was a great day. I worked from home and was able to complete several big projects. There was no drama at the office and things were good at home. I got to spend some time hanging out with my daughter when she woke up and then just a few minutes ago my son assaulted me with hugs and a chorus of “I love you, I love you, I love you!” Why would my son go from telling me all about his boring school day to telling me how I am the Awesomest Dad Ever? Because Microsoft and Mojang just released an update to Minecraft Pocket Edition that brought it to v0.13.0. Not only did the release an update but they released the one single feature my son has been dying to have, redstone!
For the uninitiated, redstone is what allows players in Minecraft to create the equivalent of an electronic circuit. They allow you to do everything from opening doors remotely, turning on lights, create trapdoors, power roller coasters and a whole lot more! I myself had a little bit of fun on the PC edition building a redstone circuit beneath a tree that when triggered caused the unsuspecting lumberjack to get caught up in an epic explosion. I built it for fun but my son decided to test it out… When it blew up the equivalent of a full square mile of my son’s world I was in a little bit of trouble and was told repeatedly how upset he was with me. Now my son can have his revenge. He just informed me he will be building the same trap on every tree in his world. This will be fun!
It isn’t every day that my son tells me over and over again that he loves me tells me how awesome I am. I may or may not be withholding some of the items in the changelog from him in order to save up “Awesome Daddy Points” for later. You guys aren’t my son though so I won’t hide the massive changelog from you. Check it out below!
- Redstone Circuits: Redstone Wire, Torch, Lamp, Levers, Buttons, Pressure plates, Tripwires, Trapped Chests and Detector Rails. Craft them all!
- Cute, fluffy, crop-eating, bunnies
- Desert temples
- New types of wooden doors
- Stonecutter (RIP)
- Herobrine (RIP)
- Redstone can be used to control doors, trapdoors, TNT and rails
- Faster boats with improved handling
- Increased item tooltip visibility time in Windows 10 Edition Beta
- Stack count labels now use a bigger and more readable font
- Slimes and Ghasts now actually spawn!
- Hunger restored by food items now match the PC version
- Flowers created by using Bone Meal on Grass now depend on the biome
- Skeletons now run away from Wolves
- Obsidian now breaks in 6.5 seconds rather than 3
- Minecarts now stack on top of each other
- Boats now stack
- Beetroot soup now stacks
- Fixed Curved Rail and Redstone behaviour
- Improved Slime spawning
- Block lag should be significantly reduced. Everything should feel more responsive now
- Updated door textures all over the place
- Even more Ghast and Slime spawning
- Mobs no longer suffocate in carpets (because that was kinda cruel)
- Held items now look better in first-person mode
- Loads of other bug fixes that are too boring to go into here
Source Link: Mojang