Back in 1993 Cyan Inc released the ground-breaking game, Myst. It featured amazing graphics, crazy puzzles, an intriguing story, and multiple endings. You could play the game over and over again and your choices would influence the rest of the game. There were a handful of sequels, re-releases, and several knock-offs.
Earlier this year, Noodlecake Studios teamed up with Cyan Inc to port the game and release it to Android as realMyst. The port was a success and now it’s even better! Because now it’s available for the NVIDIA SHIELD! Both the SHIELD Tablet and SHIELD TV!
The graphics are much better than the original version and it comes with lots of other features too! Here’s the full list.
- All the original Myst Ages plus bonus Rime Age
- Full Myst gameplay and interaction
- Dynamic environments – rippling water, falling rain, waving trees
- Haunting Myst music score and dynamic 3D sounds
- Simple navigation – touch and hold to move, swipe to turn
- Advanced navigation – run, move backward, invert look, & more
- “Interaction Guides” demonstrate how to interact with objects
- “Bookmark” feature to save & restore progress
- realMyst Hint Guide – get past that one puzzle that’s got you stumped
I spent a bit playing realMyst and found it to be quite fun. The graphics were amazing and the gameplay was solid. It’s been a LONG time since I played the original Myst. And from what I could remember, it stayed true to the source. The game is designed to be played by touch, or with a controller. I tried both. Doing it by touch was manageable but felt awkward at times. Playing with the controller was much more enjoyable and easier to manage. I’ll be using the controller from here on out!
Download Link: realMyst