Today Google officially announced one of the worst kept secrets in device history. The Nexus 5X was announced alongside its larger brother the Nexus 6P. Both devices have seen numerous leaks of renders, test device images, specs, official announcement documentation and etc. With the official release Google proved many of the sources right and “revealed” some pretty awesome devices.
The Nexus 5X comes with a 5.2 inch 1080p display with Gorilla Glass 3 keeping it safe. The processor is a hexa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 808 64-bit that clocks in at 1.8GHz. It comes with 2GB of DDR3 RAM and either 16GB or 32GB of internal storage.
Two of the more impressive features included with the device are the USB Cype-C (which allows for a fully reversible USB cable) and the rear fingerprint scanner.
All in all it looks like a pretty sleek device and I for one would love to get my hands on it. If you are interested in getting it pre-orders started today and the 16GB model is priced at $379USD. Pre-order yours from the Google Store and you’ll get free shipping and a $50 Play Store credit.
Full specs after the video.
- 5.2 inches
- FHD (1920 x 1080) LCD at 423 ppi
- Corning® Gorilla® Glass 3
- Fingerprint and smudge-resistant oleophobic coating
- 12.3 MP¹
- 1.55 µm pixels
- f/2.0 aperture
- IR laser-assisted autofocus
- 4K (30 fps) video capture
- Broad-spectrum CRI-90 dual flash
- 5 MP
- 1.4 µm pixels
- f/2.0 aperture
- Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 808 processor, 1.8 GHz hexa-core 64-bit
- Adreno 418 GPU
- RAM: 2 GB LPDDR3
- Internal storage: 16 GB or 32 GB
- Single front-facing speaker
- 3 microphones (1 front, 1 top, 1 bottom)
- 2,700 mAh Battery
- Fast charging: up to 3.8 hours of use from only 10 minutes of charging
- LTE cat. 6
- Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac 2×2 MIMO, dual-band (2.4 GHz, 5.0 GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.2
- GPS / GLONASS
- Digital compass
- Wi-Fi use requires 802.11a/b/g/n/ac access point (router). Syncing services, such as backup, require a Google Account.
- GSM/EDGE: 850/900/1800/1900MHz
- UMTS/WCDMA: B1/2/4/5/8
- CDMA: BC0/1/10
- LTE (FDD): B1/2/3/4/5/7/12/13/17/20/25/26/29
- LTE (TDD): B41
- LTE CA DL: B2-B2, B2-B4, B2-B5, B2-B12, B2-B13, B2-B17, B2-B29, B4-B4, B4-B5, B4-B7, B4-B12, B4-B13, B4-B17, B4-B29, B41-B41
- Phone is carrier-unlocked with wide-range band support for service providers worldwide. Check with your service provider for more information.
- Fingerprint sensor
- Proximity sensor
- Ambient light sensor
- Hall sensor
- Android Sensor Hub
- Single USB Type-C
- 3.5 mm audio jack
- Single Nano SIM slot
- Premium injection molded polycarbonate housing
¹Final resolution of images may be less than 12.3 MP.
²Storage specifications refer to capacity before formatting. Actual formatted capacity will be less.
³Size and weight may vary by manufacturing process.
⁴Actual battery performance will vary and depends on many factors including signal strength, network configuration, age of battery, operating temperature, features selected, device settings, and voice, data, and other application usage patterns.
Source Link: Google Store