In a move that has many people scratching their heads, Apple filed for a patent on nothing less than a paper bag. The filing was submitted to the US Patent Office in March. There’s no indication as to when the Apple Bag will be released, but you can rest assured that it will be innovative and superior to other similar products!
The filing begins with the information statement, “A paper bag is disclosed. The paper bag may include a bag container formed of white solid bleached sulfate paper with at least 60% post-consumer content.”
The patent filing had several interesting tidbits that tell us not only of the purpose of bags in general, but what this bag may end up being used for.
Some of those tidbits are:
– Bags are often used for containing items. For example, retail bags may be used to contain items purchased at a retail store.
– The bag may be a high-end retail shopping bag.
– The bag may be formed entirely of paper, with the potential exception of adhesives for fixing together portions of the bag. This can help to reduce any environmental impact from production, use, and disposal of the bag.
– The bag may be formed of a container and a handle.
– The handle’s feel and flexibility may be similar to that of a hollow textile tube, like a shoelace.
I’ve reviewed the filing thoroughly and could find no reference to storage capacity, battery life, or any detailed specs. It does look like this model of the Apple Bag won’t come with a headphone jack, but I guess that is to be expected.
Now that we know the Apple Bag is on its way the only thing left to do is wait and see if it helps convert other bag users to the gospel of Apple.
Source: US Patent Office